Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamboozled
Scholar

Password changing

Sorry !

Searched for answer on here but probably so simple everybody knows but me

I have a really stupidly long Password [to get into Account] - but can cut paste it easily of course. However if I have to sign in to say Mobile Phone it would be really annoying - but I dont know if it IS the same Password

So that is my simple question .... if I change Account Password will I use it across all devices please and I will just have to sign in the next time I use them

Cheers bamboozled [always]

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Bamboozled 

The password does not change across devices. It is universal. 

So yeah if you change it to a more simple one it will make it easier for you to log in on all your devices. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Bamboozled
Scholar
Hi and thanks.

I guessed devices would be universal but do the changes come by simply changing my Log in password ... I guess they must but as yet have not risked it

Thanks again jt
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your account password, is your account password, no matter what device you log in from.

However are we definably talking about your account password, as that would usually be something you set up yourself. so why is it something complicated? 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If @Bamboozled set up his account using an Apple device, it most likely suggested/chose a long, complicated, and impossible to remember password. So I sympathise with him wanting something shorter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With Apple devices it remembers those long random passwords in the Keychain.

The rest of us have to use password managers.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5
True, but what if you set up your account on an Apple device, and now want to use a non-Apple device? Copying the password by hand is error prone. Assuming, of course, the the Apple device is at hand.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's another very good reason not to use Apple.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Although I have 2 Apple devices, I stay absolutely clear from the keychain nonsense. Always stick to my own passwords. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a friend who is a total Apple fanboy, it all works well for him because he won't touch anything that isn't Apple. (although he has bought the Amazon Echo Show 10, because Apple don't have a smart speaker with a screen)

The ‌iCloud‌ Keychain does seem to work well and can be integrated into Windows, and the passwords can be transferred to your Google account.