cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PS4 not working with LAN cable

I went through the PS4's troubleshooting page and it told me to contact my ISP.

My PS4 connects to WiFi fine but I've always used a LAN cable since the WiFi conncetion has been very slow on my PS4 with every provider that I've ever had. I moved my PS4 into a new house with a new WiFi provider a couple of days ago and the LAN cable connection was working fine yesterday when I set it up, however today it has stopped working. Every other device connected to the WiFi works, and my laptop's internet connection is fine when I use a LAN cable. I've updated the PS4's system software and resetted the internet connection on the router several times and none of this has worked.

When I go for the "easy" connection set up the PS4 fails to obtain the IP address and I get the error "CE-33984-7", and when I enter the IP address details manually the internet connection fails. When I use my router's DNS codes I get the error code "NW-31204-0" and when I use the Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) I get the error code "NW-31205-1".

I have to use two different LAN cables for the connection - one from my router to a socket in the wall of the room containing my router, and one from the socket in my room directly downstairs to my PS4.

As I say I've done all the resets and I've tried multiple times to reset the router and the PS4 but nothing seems to be working. How can I get it working again?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try switching the ethernet ports on your router? 

I am having this problem too and this worked, but only once. I am considering a new router.