cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No picture

Hi I have been watching Freeview with inside Arial with no problems but today the now TV  engineer installed WiFi and land line now I have no TV unless I disconnect the WiFi ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Couldn't see a HDMI port on the back of your TV from the photo (unless there is one fitted on the side).

The port above the three Scart Sockets looks like a DVI port to me (pre HDMI).

So it looks like you may have to swap out your Panasonic TV to the newer Toshiba TV that you have with the two HDMI ports. 

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi thanks for suggestions I have recently bought a brand new indoor  flat aerial which is working perfectly when the WiFi is turned off so I don't think there is a problem with the aerial leads ?

I am using this to watch Freeview TV only

My wife will be home later today so will send me TV details I am guessing it is not WiFi friendly ?

We just don’t know yet. Maybe it’s not Smart, maybe it needs an Ethernet cable from the router because it is Smart but not WiFi Smart, maybe it is WiFi Smart but the WiFi Settings on the TV have not been updated to match the new router.

Does anything in @schnapps post above ring a bell as to what you might be expecting?

Are you planning to watch NowTV, and if so, how?

Can you disable the WiFi on the NowTV router - is there a switch for this on it? If so, can you turn the WiFi off, but still keep the router switched on, and see if this allows your TV picture to show or not?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We didn't want loads of channels so just wanted a landline with WiFi for the phone and laptop we have triggered off the 6 month free pass for TV and catchup 

So is the problem that we haven't ordered a TV box or should now TV of sent one ??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV don't supply has standard a TV box for watching their 6 month entertainment pass with on their Broadband & Telephone deal package.

You will either have to purchase separately from their website or from a local retailer.

Here's a guide on ways to watch NowTV (maybe you already own one of these supported devices).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

However these devices normally need a spare HDMI input on your Television.

Once you confirm your TV make & model has previously requested by @RoyB  we can find the best device or somehow find a way around to watch the 6 month entertainment pass on your television set if it doesn't have a HDMI port which make things more difficult and not straightforward. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry it's a bit awkward not being there

My dispatch details was that my now hub 2 was on its way whatever that is ?

Just checked we have only got a WiFi router 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Hub 2 is purley a Router for access to the internet using your NowTV Broadband service.

To watch NowTV with the 6 month entertainment pass you need a supported playback device (see my previous posted help guide link) which normally NowTV don't provide has standard with their Broadband & Telephone package.

You can buy a NowTV smart box or NowTV stick from their website has an optional extra, but i would always pickup these devices from places like Argos, Curry's etc which usually works out cheaper than buying direct from NowTV.

Don't buy any device yet until we know the make and model of your TV, where you mentioned it was old (hopefully not an old CRT TV) where we need to establish if your TV supports HDMI.

Also i am assuming when the Engineer left your home you can gain wifi access from the NowTV Hub Router for things like your PC, smartphone etc.

You can normally tell if your internet is live and available by the three solid green lights on the front of the Hub Router.

If any of the lights is showing amber or off then there is something wrong with your internet connection.

Once you get back home, we await further information from you for us to hopefully come up with a fix or solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi so she has got home now and separated the router and aerial and is now working thanks

The TV is a Panasonic tx 26lxd52 LCD TV

I have a spare smart TV

Toshiba LCD 32d3454db which has 2 hdmi ports which I can swap if needed

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad to hear that separating the Hub Router wiring and your TV aerial has sorted out the TV channels on your Television 👍👍👍.

Had a quick look on the net and the Panasonic TV model you have posted does have one HDMI input port, so if you are not using that port at the moment then something like the NowTV stick or NowTV box should be fine.

Take a look on Curry's or Argos website for maybe a NowTV smart stick with a bundled pass.

There is a Bank Holiday coming up, so the stick price may drop from £20 to £15 this weekend going by previous Bank Hoilday deals that i have seen floating around in the past.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks guys we got there in the end 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

IMG-20190502-WA0006.jpg

Don't think there is a Hdmi connection might be better swapping the other tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Couldn't see a HDMI port on the back of your TV from the photo (unless there is one fitted on the side).

The port above the three Scart Sockets looks like a DVI port to me (pre HDMI).

So it looks like you may have to swap out your Panasonic TV to the newer Toshiba TV that you have with the two HDMI ports.