cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New fibre customer 12Mbps lost after router reboot

Hi,

I am a new Super Fibre customer having upgraded from ADSL on the 9th of May. On the day fibre went live the router sync'd at 66 Mbps download and 18 Mbps upload. Over the weekend, I had a problem with an appliance in my house and this caused my fuse box to trip twice in quick succession.

After resorting the power the router, it has re-sync'd at 54 Mbps download, but the upload has stayed the same. We are really heavy users and we are keen to try and get the speed back to what it was for over a week.

The question is, would the router power cut triggered some change to the line profile and can NOWTV broadband team reset this? It was stable and in Sync at 66 Mbps for 7 days before these unplanned router restarts.

Thanks

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous User 

Yes, most likely the power tripping twice in quick succession may have upset the DLM (Dynamic Line Management) system for your line. DLM controls the speed & stability of the connection. The only other explanation might be that a line fault has developed, not impossible but perhaps less likely given the power tripping!)

Normally your download speed will gradually return to the previous level but it might take a few days.

It used to be the case that only an Openreach engineer could request a line's DLM to be reset and that would only be permitted after fixing a line fault. As far as I know, that is still the case, and if so then the NOW TV broadband team would not be able to do this for you.

RoyB
Legend

Yes, especially when you are only a few days in.

It should climb back to 66mbps over the next few days, but yes, the NowTV Broadband team should be able to expedite that if you want it back to that speed now.

EDIT: Just seen the above, which crossed in the posting. BT were able to restore my speed after a series of Hub issues that reduced it severely, but with no line fault per se.

But then BT own Overreach, so maybe they had a secret back door....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.