cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LiamJoyce1
Advocate

Uploading files makes wifi crash

Anyone else having this issue. Im trying to upload a 3.7gb file to onedrive for work and everytime i do so the wifi freezes and crashes and i have to reboot the router. Driving me insane !!!! Ive only had now TV for a week and not stoked !

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LiamJoyce1 

Are you able to do via Ethernet?

Otherwise split the bands. This should help.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@LiamJoyce1 

What’s your upload speed? A file like that is probably going to take at least 30 minutes over Now. And that’s assuming 20Mbps upload speed on a line that gets 80Mbps download.

So multiply those 30 minutes by 20/whatever your upload speed is, and then assume a lot of further overhead - using my FTTP download speed of 200 Mbps and upload speed of 90 Mbps, pulling down a 4GB file from a remote Windows server, tweaking it with a script, and uploading it back, was taking about 2 hours.

So are you sure it’s freezing, rather than just taking a long time? Shouldn’t crash though; what’s actually crashing here, the WiFi, or your device?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.