cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Download for Mac

Hi Everyone

I have the latest Now TV app installed on my MacBook and am able to watch streamed programmes etc, but am unable to download entertainment.  The download button does not show up on my MacBook, whereas I have no problems with my iPad or phone, using the same account.

Can anyone suggest any reason why the Mac is blocking the download option?

Kathy

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV downloads only work on iOS and Android mobile devices.

More info in this linked help article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

I see that page is now fixed to cover the situation where downloads should expire when online expires, if that is earlier than the normal 30 days you get.

The only trouble is that it ain’t so Smiley LOL

NowTV describe this as a bug; let’s hope it takes as long to fix as the subtitles issue you first helped me with so seemingly long ago, and which is still outstanding......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can’t download on computers, be they Macs or (spit) Windoze, be they desktops or laptops.

Only on tablets and mobile phones can you download, where this Apple iPad does it more capably than most (all?) alternatives.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.