cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElliotG
Mentor

Landline not working

Hi.

Ive been going round in circles with this issue for a while now.

my broadband works absolutely fine. but i have absolutely nothing on my landline; no dail tone, cant make or receive calls, etc... ive tried several diferent phones, in the master socket behind the faceplate, etc... the line is just totally dead.

checking my line via my online account, it just says that the line is working fine. i click the option sayinf 'it says my line is fine, but i still have an issue (or words to that effect)', and following the options it just ends up circling around to checking the line again.

no option for live chat (id tried the live chat for now tv. who have confirmed that they only deal with tv membership stuff, and that id need to ring or send an email).

i cant call because i no longer have a mobile, and my issue is that te landline does not work. i have sent emails to addresses ive found when browsing on here, but over several days have had no response. 

if anyone could offer help or advice, it would be much appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ElliotG 

Is this the email address you've tried?

customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ElliotG 

Is this the email address you've tried?

customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ElliotG
Mentor

yes, thanks though. its one of them (i found several addresses while scouring on here, and sent my email to them all at once).

i find it very strange that there is no live chat option for these issues (broadband/landline), or really anything related to help with landline issues (even the line checker says the line is fine because it has internet connection with my now router).

i suspect a line issue. having read that broadband can be fine with a single line, but the landline requires both working properly for calls. just struggling to make the right contact to get someone to look into it.

thanks for taking the time to respond

ElliotG
Mentor

*update

upon resending my email. i received a reply approx. 12 hours later.

after confirming some details via email, NOW arranged an openreach engineer to look into the issue. Who arrived the next day.

everything looked fine from pole to house, so they came inside to check if the fault came from within the property. after confirming that the fault lay outside of the property, they followed the cable back beyond the pole and found the fault 'over 300m away'. repairing this within a few hours (they said the issue was down to the deterioration of old wires).

another engineer came today to confirm that everything was still in good working order. running some tests on the line and fitting a newer faceplate while they were here. 

the service was fast and efficient once my email had been replied to. so thumbs up to NOW support and openreach for sorting the issue out. and to @gavs82008, whos reply to my query prompted me to email again.

Jayach
Elite 3

Could you not use another phone, neighbour, friend, of if someone pops round borrow their mobile. (It's a freephone number)

Use the number in here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

ElliotG
Mentor

I can/will, when/if i get the chance. which may be some time (persoanal/health reasons).

I had just hoped that a more appropriate and prompt method may exist, for those in circumstances such as myself.

thanks.