cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrjlaunch
Mentor

IPv6 Modem Settings

This is a question aimed at a NOW Engineer or Technical Support...

What are the third party modem settings required for IPv6 to work with [voucher code removed]?

Please mention the "Connection Type" (Native / Tunnel 6to4 / Tunnel 6in4 / Tunnel 6rd / Static IPv6 / etc.) and the any other setting such as WAN IPv6 Address / Length / Prefix.

For the life of me I can't get IPv6 to work on NowBrodband so I appreciate any help, thankyou

9 REPLIES 9
mrjlaunch
Mentor

Not sure why my post was censored but it should say "[voucher code removed]" instead of  "[voucher code removed]".

mrjlaunch
Mentor

omg it should say N.O.W.B.O.A.B.A.N.D

lol

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mrjlaunch 

You wont get any broadband staff posting on this forum so your wasting your time I am afraid. Call the broadband team using the number from the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
mrjlaunch
Mentor

@gavs82008 Thanks for the advice, I've called NOW but support couldn't answer my question so they requested the "back office" team to email me. Apparently I should here from them within 72hrs.

mrjlaunch
Mentor

They didn't get back to me as promised... who would have thought that.

Jayach
Elite 3

I find this thread a little confusing. What IPv6 settings are you looking for?

Surely the IPv6 setting are obtained by the router via DHCP, same as IPv4.

I'm on an ISP who still haven't managed to get IPv6 working yet (Vodafone) so my experience of it is very limited.

mrjlaunch
Mentor

Assignment via DHCP sounds logical, but I've tried changing the settings and nothing seems to work. Note that the modem supplied from NOW did operate with an IPv6 address. I've even tried cloning the MAC address of the original NOW modem to my third-party modem as this can be the issue, from what I've read.

Unfortunately the NOW modem isn't very user configurable so I can't see what settings it uses to establish the IPv6 link. Here is screenshot of the IPv6 settings I'm talking about:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11wmTx1yXfV2UCvtWaaoI5QwlmSNB3eGP/view?

Jayach
Elite 3

Asus routers are usually pretty easy to setup, even for for non-technical users. I doubt the average user will be expected to know what to set there.

Have you tried factory resetting the router and starting again. There is usually a setup wizard that configures the basic settings, and IPv6 should now be standard.

mrjlaunch
Mentor

I'm generally quite good with IT and I've tried everything I can think of.

I'm not sure why IPv6 won't establish a connection, but with zero guidance or mention on NOW's website help topics and no response from their technical support, I don't think IPv6 is a topic this ISP is interested in right now, even though it seems to be implemented on their supplied modem. Oh well.