cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PADYTAI
Mentor

I AM TIRED OF WAITING FOR ACTIVATION

I am beginning to regret choosing Now Broadband, as it seems they don't know what they are doing. I kind of wonder how they got all the good reviews and likes from other users. it has now 3 days without no activation, no solution, and only telling me over 1hr wait on a phone that it has been escalated and will be fixed at the latest by 4 days (Tuesday) times as today is Friday.. they treated me as if I don't have other engagement when the order and appointment tabs clearly state that no need for engineer visit.. low and behold on my way to work I got a call that engineer need to assess my house to fix the line. No prior communication or SMS. The Engineer stated that I should my service provider to schedule or something. For the past few days, I have been waiting for activation. I have spent more than the monthly subscription of the SuperFirbe package, yet it looks like no remedy is in sight... i  regretted choosing Now broadband  for my internet service in my new home

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PADYTAI 

You are fully entitled to go with another provider. That said NOW are fully reliant on OpenReach so it’s up to them to get you up and running, which sounds like they have failed wonderfully. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PADYTAI 

You are fully entitled to go with another provider. That said NOW are fully reliant on OpenReach so it’s up to them to get you up and running, which sounds like they have failed wonderfully. 

PADYTAI
Mentor

Hope I won’t to asked to pay For the whole contract

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PADYTAI 

Why would you if you’re not even activated yet? Also there is a 14 day cooling period, see page 23.

http://web.static.nowtv.com/images/docs/now-broadband-contract-dec-21.pdf

PADYTAI
Mentor

It got fixed on Sunday 

RoyB
Legend

@PADYTAI 

Impressive - they don’t normally work on Sundays.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.