cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulo
Advocate

How will I know when my broadband is set up?

Today is my go live date, and I'm waiting for confirmation that my broadband is set up before I do the self-installation of my Now Hub. How will I know when the setup is complete and I can install hub? Or have I misunderstood something in the instructions I've been given?

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Paulo 

You can plug in and power up your NOW Router now if you wish.

Though you have to wait until you see all three solid green lights on the front of the Router which means you are live and ready to go.

This is what I did when I switched from BT to NOW.

Jayach
Elite 3

Are you transferring from another FTTC ISP, or is this a completely new setup?

If it's new, connect it straight away, if transferring, wait until the previous supplier stops (unless it's Sky, as their router will work on a Now line)

chilli2
Elite

When i moved from plusnet to now, on the night before i entered the details for Now into my router, which then disconected from pusnet.

the Now connection came up about 2am and was running by the time i woke up.

If i was going to use the Now router ( and had been using the plusnet router) then i would have unplugged the old router and plugged in the now router last thing the night before.

For a tip,  if you are moving to Now form another ISP before the go live date, plug the now router into the mains and connecto to it via ethernet , you will not be able to get online but you can get to the settings, change the SSID ( wifi name) and wifi password to the same as your old/current router  and all your devices should connect meaing you only ned to change one set of wifi details ( on the router) as opposed to changing  lots of wifi devices

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 

If you are using you own router, I would still wait until the previous supplier has stopped working, before setting the new credentials in the router.

Especially as Openreach do not seem to be providing the same service on copper connections as they once did,

chilli2
Elite

The method worked for me, as soon as the new credentials were put into the router it dropped the old plusnet connection and picked the Now broadband up one as soon as it went live.

If it didnt work it would have been a case of rolling back the settings to plusnet, and if that didnt work plugging in the now router.