cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biscuit106
Advocate

Naming your devices

Hi guys. Previously I used to be able to rename my devices but I can't seem to find how to now do it. Does anyone know if you can still name your devices, and how to do it?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Biscuit106 

Unfortunately you can't anymore 😠.

Wish NOW would bring back this re-naming feature for your playback devices on your NOW account, where I have four Roku's all with the same id name and it's difficult to keep track even by going on the time stamp next to the Roku's when last watched.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Biscuit106 

Unfortunately you can't anymore 😠.

Wish NOW would bring back this re-naming feature for your playback devices on your NOW account, where I have four Roku's all with the same id name and it's difficult to keep track even by going on the time stamp next to the Roku's when last watched.

Biscuit106
Advocate

Hi @schnapps  That's annoying. It has still kept the name of one I named years ago!

Thank you for replying though, I appreciate it 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Biscuit106 

Yes I still have one device which I changed the name on a couple years back which is my main regular playback device i use all the time, but what you will find if that device gets dropped from the dynamic Devices list being the 7th device last watched.

Then when you decide to watch NOW content on it again it will default to the standard allocated names that NOW recognise on their registered Device list (for example Roku for NOW & Roku devices, Android TV for things like Amazon Sticks, Google TV etc).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Biscuit106 

You could drop NOW an email requesting if this feature can be added to their service again (use the email address in the screen shot below).

Though, I have asked this question directly to NOW Staff on more than one occasion since they decided to remove the option not to allow us to rename our playback devices from the Device list on our accounts.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg