cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slswan
Scholar

Fed up my broadband watching tv gone

My now tv will not connect. Its off and says issues, I have reset from the wall of the internet, i have reset the router, i have unplugged and plugged back in my now tv box, eventually it came on for half an hour, now completley gone, now tv says something went wrong, NOW is currently unavailable. Please try again later!!! I have, Help please?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 wrote:

The posts from @slswan read as nonsensical gibberish

Not really gibberish, just someone who doesn't fully know the correct terms for the various devices. Now doesn't help, as they originally branded the broadband Now TV broadband.

They have since changed the name but their users don't seem to have noticed.

@slswan 

Do not keep telling us what is happening with the TV, nothing will work there (as you have no aerial) until the broadband is fully up, so just concentrate on getting all the lights on the router green.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
slswan
Scholar

Also, I will add that when it tells me to set up the network connection on now tv, it says where am I, as in home or not, so I press home, but when I do that it does nothing but put me back again and again to the question, I answer again home, but no further. 

slswan
Scholar

Also its not letting me see bbc, itv says something went wrong its their side thats the issue, channel 4 throws me off immediatley no viewing, but now i can see sky news works! When testing the connection it says its good!! But whats going on! 

slswan
Scholar

Oh now sky tv has gone off, so nothing!! 

slswan
Scholar

I do not have a tv aerial at all, so I soley rely on NOW TV, fed up with it

RoyB
Legend

@slswan 

What device are you streaming Now from, and what are you watching it on?

If you are blaming Now because you cannot watch the BBC iPlayer, then this is either because you are on Now Broadband, and it is performing badly for you, or because you are watching on an old Now Stick or Box. Or possibly both.

But you please need to tell us which it is if we are to help you at all.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
slswan
Scholar

I am watching now tv on my tv, I cannot get any tv channel, it keeps on cutting out, as in internet connection, its mainly disconnected as it says, then I try to connect, it just won't do it. I don't have a stick, when it connects  for literally less than a minute it goes off, it says Now tv has got issues their end on one message, but if thats the case others should too? We live in Wareham Dorset, we had loads of rain last night and this morning wether that could have been an issue, as its happened before when the weather is bad, but not for this long. 

slswan
Scholar

I have finally got the tv working, as in the internet, I took out again the connections in the plug etc, took out from the hub the connections, waited as it said before putting them back in, triedthe tv and its on, though done this all day and night, wether it stays will see, oh no..... Its gone off again, says something went wrong.! had enough now.. 

RoyB
Legend

@slswan 

Yes, there are current issues where you live:-

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/2634776-wareham-dorset-england-united-kingd...

But from the above, you have apparently solved your problem by accepting your own posting as a solution; this means people will largely move on to unsolved issues, So I would advise you to reverse that Accept, until a real solution comes along.

I think we have now established that this issue is with Now Broadband?

On a TV, though you still haven’t given make and model?

So a couple more questions:-

Do you have other devices on the Now Broadband that are unaffected, or are they affected also?

When the TV disconnects, does the middle light on the Now router go out, or does it stay lit?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
slswan
Scholar

Yes the middle light goes off, and lost tv all day and night, with a tiny bit of connection coming on for a minute or less, seems when raining or been raining this is happening. Driving me mad now. Had to watch tv on my mobile using up data. Phoned now tv today they are getting an engineer tomorrow or at latest tuesday to come to the area, then have to reply to an email about it, and write down each time the internet drops off, I don't have any other devices on the broadband in use.