cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Existing Now Broadband in new home

Hi, 

I have just moved to a new home where the previous owners had existing Now broadband. I want to purchase the monthly fab fibre broadband however I have some questions. 

Firstly would a engineer be required to visit the property to install any lines if the previous owners had Now Broadband. 

Just wanted know if there would be any costs that could or would be disregarded as the previous owner of the property had Now Broadband.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I doubt an Openreach Engineer will need access to your home if there was a NowTV Broadband service there from the previous owners, where work maybe required at the local street cabinet.

Should there be a need for a home visit say for example replacing the BT Master telephone socket for a newer version to accept Fab Fibre then the Engineer visit is free of charge from my understanding.

Even if the previous home owners left the NowTV Hub Router at the property, you will still be sent a new Hub Router as part of the order (keep the original has a back up spare Router).

There is no cost saving if there was a previous NowTV Broadband service at the new property you have moved into.

There is some information about NowTV Broadband in this linked help article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I doubt an Openreach Engineer will need access to your home if there was a NowTV Broadband service there from the previous owners, where work maybe required at the local street cabinet.

Should there be a need for a home visit say for example replacing the BT Master telephone socket for a newer version to accept Fab Fibre then the Engineer visit is free of charge from my understanding.

Even if the previous home owners left the NowTV Hub Router at the property, you will still be sent a new Hub Router as part of the order (keep the original has a back up spare Router).

There is no cost saving if there was a previous NowTV Broadband service at the new property you have moved into.

There is some information about NowTV Broadband in this linked help article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband