cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bindi

Epsom

We are getting good download speeds of 30Mbps but the upload speeds are less than 7Mbps...how can I increase the upload speeds for NOW Broadband.

4 Replies
RoyB
Legend

@Bindi 

That sounds about right - the A in ADSL is for Asymmetric, i.e. uploads are usually slower.

What is it you are trying to achieve here - what do you need the faster upload speed for, exactly?

As there may be another solution,

To keep viewing the Community in the previous chronological sequence, under ‘My Settings/Preferences/Preference Options, choose ‘Display’ and select Linear, then choose ‘Linear Layout’ and select Oldest First, and finally press Save. Many thanks to redchiz1 for this
Also please note that I am just a customer like you, and my advice may well be worth no more than exactly what you paid for it.
chilli2
Expert 2

What package are you on?

Slower uploads are normal on UK domestic connections and have been since "broadband" launched as an upgrade from dial up

When i was on ADSL my download speed was 24 and upload about 6

now on VDSL (FTTC) my speeds are 58 down and about 12-14 up.

Even if you sign up to BT FTTP on the top expensive tier with 900 down the upload is signifficantly lower at 100mb

Jayach
Expert 2

@Bindi 

Are you on Super or Fab fibre?

You can see what Openreach believe your line should be capable of here: 

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

If the OP is getting a download 30Mbs they are on VDSL (Very high-speed digital subscriber line), but you are right it is still asymmetric.

@Bindi 

Are you on Super or Fab fibre?

You can see what Openreach believe your line should be capable of here: 

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)