cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Engineer didn't turn up.

Hi, 

I had an engineer due to visit yesterday and I got a text notification saying the engineer was doing work and after I got a notification saying the engineer couldn't complete the work and to contact my service provider. The engineer was meant to come into the property. I have rung nowtv and they were no help.

Any advice appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Openreach (the company that do engineer visits for all internet providers) announced a week or two ago that they have suspended home visits for the time being due to the virus situation.

They are still doing new connections if the work doesnt involve entering your property, but unfortunately if they need to enter your property to do the work, that's not going to be done until the social distancing has ended.

News article here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-52021756

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ello.please give way to the internet or send an engineer to activate.I waited yesterday all day for someone to come for activation.not normal to pay a contract and not to use it. urgently please activat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ello.please give way to the internet or send an engineer to activate.I waited yesterday all day for someone to come for activation.not normal to pay a contract and not to use it. urgently please activat

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, 

I was meant to go live today too, and no contact from the engineer at all. It's half an hour after the allotted time given so I thought I'd go plug in my box to see if it works, it does. So, if you can, I'd go ahead and plug it in