cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Missed Visit

My broadband had been very slow for a few days, online speed cheking showing about 6Mbs. Now Broadband speed check said slow and returned a number to call. I called it. They did a few tests from their end and told me they could not fix it without an engineer visit. I declined. With it not sorting itself out I did the speed check again, phoned the number again and was told the same thing. This time I reluctantly booked the engineer visit telling them it would cost me a days lost pay, which it did. Day of visit, engineer did not turn up. I call NOW Broadband and they told me they did not turn up because there was no fault with the line. They tried something else from there end and it fixed it. So I have lost a days pay because NOW Broadband told me I needed an engineer visit when it was not required. Complaing they say I should get about £5 for loss of service, nother for loss of pay which is an insult. Here About auto-compensation for broadband and calls (nowtv.com) says I should at least get some compensation for missed visit. They have submitted a claim to OpenReach, but OpenReach aparently rejected it because there was no fault with the line. I submitted an online complaint to NOW Broadband but there is not even an acknowledgement it has been received. This is atrocious service, complete scam with them claiming to be part of the Ofcom’s automatic compensation scheme. Calling them I get nowhere.

Any suggestions as to how I can proceed.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@HopeItsWorthIt 

CISAS

https://help.nowtv.com/article/list-of-complaints-regulators

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.