cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin19676
Advocate

my engineer never turned up

im a NEW customer.

Hub etc turned up when agreed. 18th March.

Engineer was supposed to turn up 20th March between 0800 and 1300, I took the day off work . No engineer No internet !!!!!!!

HOW POOR IS THAT.

1ST IMPRESSIONS!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@martin19676 

Engineers come from Openreach, not from Now themselves, so the people giving you that poor first impression would do that for a setup from most UK ISPs.

However:-

If you have an existing and satisfactory Master Socket, then the engineer may be able to complete the work in the local cabinet, and not attend the property.

Have you set up and connected the Hub that Now have (hopefully) sent you in advance? If you haven’t, do that now. If the centre light is on, then your broadband is connected, and you can start using it.

However, if only the two outside lights are on, then you have the issue you think you have.

But we are all just customers like you here; nobody from Now Broadband monitors the Community.

I can’t help thinking that some broadband suppliers might be a little more proactive in checking that their new customers are indeed connected; even if Openreach say you are, they ought to be querying the lack of activity on the line; and most especially, contacting you if indeed Openreach didn’t even turn up at the cabinet.

Ah well…..

But you need to contact Now Broadband directly to get this sorted out.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

@martin19676 happend to me this, still had to wait 3 weeks after that. ###### take. My contract run out today on my email says I won't get charged £38  until next month. The lie they av taken it today. If I renewed my contract it would be £25 av been paying 27.50 for a year.