cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nones2

Connecting Now hub to Openreach

Hello, 

We have a NowTV hub, and an Openreach white box fitted to the wall. Can we connect the Now router to the Openreach box to get internet? Our Now router has a purple cable but I can’t see anywhere to connect that to the Openreach fitting. 

Apologies for the non-technical description- but if anyone could help would be appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5
Jayach
Elite 3

If the Openreach white box is an ONT, no you can't use it.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/whats-an-openreach-modem-ont

If its a BT/Openreach master socket you can use it, but it might need the filter supplied with the Now hub.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/getting-set-up/home-networks/a-wired-home-network/what-type-of-mas...

Are you a new customer to Now?

RoyB
Legend

@Nones2 @Jayach 

My ONT doesn’t look much like any of those, though that is a Nokia modem peeking out through the window in the lid. So maybe this is what the Nokia offering really looks like?
IMG_1161.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB 

From the BT page, I think this is your ONT, however it's been turned on it's side and has the cover open.

Jayach_0-1697381260295.png

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Indeed. Though my cover is a game of two halves, one of which opens readily, but the other is screwed shut, and Openreach’s assembly elves have kindly put a window in it, and made it pregnant 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Nones2 

Please stop me if I am saying what you know to be the bleeding obvious, but you have to sign up with an ISP to get broadband.

(We have had people who didn’t realise that).