cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing wifi from 5ghz to 2.4

Hi I have new WiFi room stats and they need to connect to a 2.4ghz WiFi.  I have the now tv hub two which I've read online uses both 2.4ghz and 5ghz . My stats won't connect so I'm guessing its using the 5 ? How would i go about changing it over? Tech is not my strong point 

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@Kat-brooks 

As you have said that you tried the settings @gavs82008 mentions, (but try them again, just to be sure), it may be that someone has changed the defaults on your router.

If so, and you don’t know the new values, factory reset the router, and they will go back to the defaults,

Though before you do this, make a note of what the WiFi SSID and password are, for each of the 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands if different, as if these have been changed, they will go back to their defaults, as per the label on the bottom of the router, and you will need to re-establish the non-default values you have now.

I would suggest, too, that once you have made your admin changes, you change the default admin password, and maybe even the name, as having the defaults is a security risk.

Which is why perhaps someone has changed them, though you not knowing the current values is a bear 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.