cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing wifi from 5ghz to 2.4

Hi I have new WiFi room stats and they need to connect to a 2.4ghz WiFi.  I have the now tv hub two which I've read online uses both 2.4ghz and 5ghz . My stats won't connect so I'm guessing its using the 5 ? How would i go about changing it over? Tech is not my strong point 

10 REPLIES 10
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Jake

Give the following number a ring, they should be able to help with the technical problems you are having with your Now TV router.

0800 759 1213

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Before calling the number provided by @ukbobboy 

Try this link 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/improve-broadband-speed-by-changing-wi-fi-channel

Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Connect your Hub Two to your laptop or computer using an Ethernet cable.
  2. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  3. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  4. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  5. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  6. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  7. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  8. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  9. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't got access to a laptop with an Ethernet cable you can skip step 1 of @gavs82008 useful instructions, where you just need a PC, Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone with an internet browser on it to access the NowTV Hub 2 webpage settings to split the 5ghz & 2.4ghz wifi bands on the Router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What would my username and password for 192.168.0.1 be?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s usually admin and admin?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got in now. However there is no option to select “wireless” I just have router status, attached devices, back up settings, set password, diagnostics and router upgrade 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using the NOW Hub Router 2 ?

When you open the Hub Router via your internet browser web settings towards the top left there should be a wireless tab and once you click on it you will be prompted for the username & password, where you type admin & nowtv (all lower case).

Then once the default username & password is accepted you should see two tab screen pages with 2.4ghz & 5ghz, then follow the step by step instructions previously mentioned on this thread and hit the green Apply button.

You need to make the necessary changes on both 2.4ghz & 5ghz screen tabs.

if you get stuck, then hold in the reset button on the back of the Router for about 15 seconds and then try again. 

Kat-brooks
Advocate

thank you for the advice in this article - it is helpful. However, I have tried the username admin with pw nowtv and also with password admin but neither is working for me. Is there a new username and pw I should try?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kat-brooks 

It should be admin for username and nowtv for the password.