cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rowan
Advocate

Broadband

Will the engineer give me a call before coming to set my broadband up? And should I plug in my Wi-Fi ready for the engineer because I’ve already got a openreach master socket?

2 REPLIES 2
redchiz1
Champion 2

If you already have an Openreach socket then an engineer is unlikely to need to visit your property, they will simply set up the new connection remotely. If you have your NOW Hub then plug that in on your given go live date and hopefully you will be good to go. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @rowan 

Plug in and power up the NOW Router anyway on the Day of the Engineers visit.

When the Engineer is working on the street cabinet and doing their testing they may find that there is no need to enter your home.

Depending on the Engineer, they may just turn up and knock on your door (this happened to one of my family members without prior notice / announcement) or you may get a courtesy call or text.

If you are seeing three solid green lights on the front of the NOW Hub 2 Router, then this usually means you have gone live and good to go (though if your last previous ISP was Sky Broadband in the home, then it could also mean that you are still on Sky Broadband and still waiting for the switch over to the NOW Broadband service to take place).