cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband not working after activation date

Activation date was 7th June. Set up as per instructions but not getting the Internet light on the hub. Have reset the hub and checked all connections. No issues in our area. Hub is connected to the splitter that it came with which is plugged into the bt phone socket. Our current provider for broadband and calls is virgin, that service ends 20th June. Would like to get this sorted before then so we don't lose Internet access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

Not deactivated, but it might have developed a fault or even your connection been used for another user. Contact Now on the number in the link below and let them know. They will probably have to call Openreach out.

How to make a complaint (nowtv.com)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jayach
Elite 3

Does a phone work if connected to the Openreach/BT socket?

How long has it been since that socket has been in operation?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, the phone line seems to be unresponsive. Plugging a phone into it doesn't get a dial tone. Would the line have been deactivated for not being used?

Jayach
Elite 3

Not deactivated, but it might have developed a fault or even your connection been used for another user. Contact Now on the number in the link below and let them know. They will probably have to call Openreach out.

How to make a complaint (nowtv.com)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks have done that. Tried calling virgin but they are closed right now.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the broadband team using the number provided by the link from @Jayach 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I filed an issue with Now and they are sending an engineer on Monday. I only rang virgin because they are still a service provider till 20th June. Doesn't matter anyway since Now are sending the engineer so hopefully that will fix everything. The Now Support guy said there is a problem with the landline. I was unaware since the last 2 providers we had used the satellite dish (including for the landline) so we've not used the actual BT land line for years, like 5+ years. It's got a fault but we wouldn't have known.

Jayach
Elite 3

So far that is pretty good service from Now. Hope it all goes well on Monday, let us know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Openreach Engineer visited today and the service is up and running. The problem was something in the cabinet set up wrong. The BT line had not been in use for several years as when we had Virgin installed they put in their own phone line next to the broadband coax connected to the dish. Possibly the BT line developed a fault in that time as suggested, but it needed the engineer to make some connections up the road. Took less than an hour and broadband working now so happy. Impressed that an engineer visit was arranged less than 2 days after submitting the complaint ticket.