cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband connection

Why is it impossible to speak to any technical representative ?. I cannot check my line, as I am told there are issues. My broadband connection is unstable and goes off intermittently for no reason. it often fails to connect when the PC is first switched on. This went down this morning at an important ZOOM meeting which has put me in a most difficult situation. I have never had problems with any other provider...Where can I actually SPEAK to someone !!!!

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Surely you must have some paperwork, even if electronic, from NowTV Broadband, with the number to call them on for just such problems?

But if not, My Account/Broadband & calls/Moving Home will show you the number to call.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you still having issues? My broadband went down around 9:30am yesterday for an hour. In that time I tried to contact a technician but the voice message just goes round and round. 

Today the exact same thing has happened. I managed to speak to a technician but went through the cancellation option. Having checked the line I need to wait 72 working hours for the network to check the line which isn’t ideal whilst working from home. Hopefully it will come back on in the mean time but no luck yet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My broadband also went down yesterday morning, I tried the line check but it said having issues so to call, which I did and they told me there was an issue with an outside port so are sending an engineer l, it was fine the night before but I'm reading quite a few people are having the same problem now, their customer service is diabolical I waited over an hour to get through n then they gave me '3 to 5 working days for an engineer' 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Are you still having issues? We've recently moved to NOW TV for our broadband (19/6/20) and the number of times the connection has dropped is unbelievable.

Have you had any communication with them at all? I've tried the online chat but there's never anyone available.

I know things are difficult/different at the moment but I don't want to regret my choice of changing supplier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Henderson41 

I managed to speak to someone!! 😮

Unfortunately I predicted what he'd say. Because ours has just been set up it may take a couple of weeks to stabilise. He suggested switching it off and on again (we've done that several times). He also advised that we had quite a few devices connected to our WiFi but, as I advised him, we have no more than we did with our previous supplier and we had no issues. We'll do as he suggested, reset the hub, disconnect all the devices and start again but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Hope you manage to get the issue sorted.