cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinkz
Advocate

Bridging Query

I set up my old plusnet router as a bridge for my now tv Internet.

The last few days I have been having problems with my Tapo cameras, I thought this was due to the camera but last night at about midnight I lost internet connection for both the now tv hub and the plusnet hub. I restarted the now tv hub but the problem seemed to continue with the plus net hub. It was too late to deal with so I left it. This morning my plusnet hub is working intermittently and at times it states no Internet. When there is no Internet I seem to be able to connect to my cameras in the app. But that's not ideal as I can't view when I leave the house and they are too keep an eye on my dog who has seizures.

What is going on? Do I need to Re-bridge? Is there problems with my Internet?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Pinkz 

Have you turned off DHCP on the PlusNet router?

Looping in @Jayach as he might know more about this stuff….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Pinkz
Advocate

Thank you. 

It was originally when I set it up as a bridge. I did that again. Initially the cameras were still not working but it now seems to have resolved. 

Could the router just revert? 

RoyB
Legend

@Pinkz 

I don’t think it could just revert, but is it possible that you factory reset one or both routers while trying to get all this working? That would probably re-enable DHCP by default.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.