cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTTP-WTF
Advocate

Am I eligible for FTTP or not?

Hello,

I am currently waiting for my Super Fibre Broadband to go live today. I am with Sky, so currently still active there until I switch over routers.

I was able to order and set up and account for Super Fibre, thinking that is what they can offer me.

However, I have just checked my address on the BT Wholesale Broadband checker and it actually says

"FTTP is not available."

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com

Surely now would not offer me a broadband package that I am not actually able to use??

Getting very worried now.....

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach wrote:

The ISP I'm with (Vodafone) are requiring subscribers to go to FTTP if it is available even if they are just renewing their contracts. I suspect that is because it is cheaper for them, rather than because they have to.

TalkTalk have been offering "free" upgrades to FTTP to selected customers for some time now, presumably in areas where it suits them better. 

Grumpyfrog
Scholar

The times they are a changing!

"We understand that things are tough right now, and so alongside investing in improvements, we’re focused on providing value for our members. We haven’t increased our prices since NOW Broadband launched in 2018, but the costs of providing broadband services have increased significantly, and it is affecting the entire industry.

As you might know, many other providers are raising their prices, and we’ll be making some changes from 5 July 2023. The prices of our broadband membership plans will be going up by £3.50. You’ll see the price change reflected in your bill on or after 5 July"