cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FedUpWaiting
Advocate

Activation Date long gone - Case 12960593 - now expected to wait another week for just an update

Activation date 29th August - nothing -

30th August - called – response was “wait 72 hours for update” – no reason given at all – no help.

1st September – called, 2 hours on phone, cut off twice whilst apparently being transferred, with no call back or any effort to contact me. – 3rd call – was told “linked account” issue – 48hours for update!

4th September - Email received from Nowtv with reason stated “This is due to Openreach needing to progress your order manually through their system, which means the experts need some more time to carry out the work required. To fix the issue and activate your line, the following steps must be taken: it has been escalated already to the relevant team within Openreach to ensure your order is progressed onto the final stage of the order journey. Once this has been done your services will go active” and a  7th September update –

6th September - Text (obviously cannot respond to NOWtv Broadband texts)  received stating “unfortunately, there’s been a delay and experts are working on it”! No update in terms of what the issue still is or might be or resolution.Then text states– next update 12th September so that is 6 days from today for just an update –

12th September - email from Nowtv - "I have reviewed your account today and can confirm Openreach need more time to complete the work that’s required in order to get your services up and running.This is due to further work being required by Openreach's Network Engineers, which means the experts need some more time to carry out the work required to fix the issue and activate your line, engineers are currently working on resolving this issue today and should give us an update of their progress shortly. Once this has completed you order should be made available for reappointing.Rest assured, we’re working closely with Openreach to get the issue resolved as soon as we can. We expect to have an update on your order on 19/09/2023. We’ll email you on this date and let you know any further steps, if necessary.I have reviewed your account today and can confirm Openreach need more time to complete the work that’s required in order to get your services up and running"

Ok, so another 7 days - which is ridiculous in terms of response time - considering Openreach are working on it "today" -

Not rocket science, although many experts involved - noting that all was fine, both phone and BB, up until the day of "activation". I am aware regarding compensation, this is not the issue, or to be quite frank any help whatsoever at this point.

Perhaps a group with the longest delay after "activation date"?

It might help regarding this forum that  Nowtv employees read and attend?

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FedUpWaiting 

Replied to the other thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Line-Activation-Case-12960593-now-expected-to-wait-...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@FedUpWaiting 

Sorry to see this. It seems to be very much down to issues with Openreach on whom NOW rely as do most other ISPs. All you can do here is vent your annoyance. And console yourself in the knowledge that you will be entitled to substantial compensation when it is eventually sorted out.