cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

movies not loading on LG TV

I have been able to watch movies via the nowtv app on my smart LG TV until today.  The app loads ok, i can select cinema pass but as soon as i choose a movie to watch nothing  happens other than the coloured dots go round and round.  All other apps like Netflix, Rakutentv, britbox and prime all work fine

• LG
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any fixed,cannot watch Now TV movies on my LG tv, the circles just keep spinning round?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this problem. Built in Now TV app worked fine on my LG smart tvs for about 2 months and just stopped working for library films on the 13th Nov. Tried all of the tips on here, none worked. I can view live films, but not films from the library, buffers endlessly, my tv screen colour changes from blue to black. I just did live chat with the Now tv tech team and the only thing that seems to have worked to restore access to library films has been to go onto Setting on your tv, then Connections. Tab down to Mobile Connection Management and select TV on with Mobile, and turn on via wifi. Tech team also suggested contacting internet service provider to refresh IP address but talktalk told me the IP adress changes everytime I go onto the internet, so nothing to refresh. I asked the Now tv tech team if this will cause data increase on my mobile, but not answered. I still use the magic remote to navigate around the tv and not my mobile but linking them seems to have given me access back to the library films. Now tv tech team have sent a follow email so that if this is not a firm fix I can just reply to their email. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. LG smart TV with Now TV broadband. Tried all sorts of things including a full tv reset (which I shouldn't have done as it isn't a TV issue). Basically Now TV loads up, but the film's when streamed won't load. My Roku box on my bedroom TV works fine. There must be a problem with the LG Now TV App? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contacted Now TV via live chat. They confirmed there is a problem currently with the APP which they are working on. No timeframe was provided.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confirmed 3 days on the bounce same problem for me, can’t watch anything - only the spinning loading bulging balls - pretty much summing up the whole NowTV experience at the moment thanks to their silence even though aware of a problem.

Chattyberyl
Advocate

Phew. I am having exactly the same issue. I eventually got through to a person via live chat who tried to tell me it was my internet (which it obviously isn’t) but I am having the same issue with trying to watch movies on my LG TV through NowTV. Looks like you are getting through the the endless buffering and nothing happens. It’s odd as I can watch films Live but not through the library. Also I was trying to watch Prodical Son and now can’t as it’s the same buffering and not loading. Anyone else having the same issue with some TV as well? At least by reading this is nots me as I had spent hours trying to track down the problem (as that’s what NowTV said) and it turns out it’s not me anyway! Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I know the feeling. Should have looked on here before rebooting the TV and having to reload all the APs.... Which of course didn't work.

An AP revision shouldn't really go out without proper testing... annoying.

There will be many who don't look on here, think the problem is at their end.... and after much frustration just cancel.

I haven't checked today..

But still no idea on the timeline on solving this... I don't really want to buy a now TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just checked... Seems to now be working okay across streamed "non live" films...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

..... although the upfront buffering gap does seem longer despite a very good internet connection..... But it does work.... for the moment.