cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xanderd
Advocate

Constant freezing on Google TV

NowTV keeps freezing then speeding up to catch up, occasionally showing a brief loading spinner and buffering.

It pauses and freezes about 6-8 times an hour.

This happens 100% of the time, every time we watch something.

It happens whether I cast from my android phone to the Google TV, or if I start the program from the NowTV app on Google TV.

I have a full fibre connection with tested 400MBps speed and max WiFi signal.

All other video streaming works flawlessly with no buffering, ever, including YouTube, Amazon prime, Disney plus, netflix.

This is garbage customer service. There's no point having good content if you're taken out of the viewing experience and frustrated every 10 mins. Horrible.
6 REPLIES 6
Nitro
Scholar 2

can you check your throughput via your TV?

The Netflix app on a smart TV has its own way of testing your network speed. Open the app and go to the overflow menu (go left using the remote). Navigate to Get help and select Check network. The app will test your internet connection and tell you what your network speed is at the end.
rahulkumar
Advocate

nitro good info, thanks

Nitro
Scholar 2

Welcome mate.

Xanderd
Advocate

good info thanks. I get 195 Mbps. Now says you need at least 2.5Mbps 😄

Nitro
Scholar 2

Then the issue is def the app.  My suggestion, get an apple tv 4k device, and use that for all your streaming needs. The Google TV app is probs requires more work to optimise the app.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Xanderd 

If it is an app issue as mentioned by @Nitro then you need to report with staff directly. They don’t monitor the forum in that way. 

Make sure to be signed and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

PS the Apple TV box is an awesome piece of kit but only if you’re willing to fork out that much on it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help