cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

app wont work on my android settop box

i signed up and installed the app which "won't support hdmi device streaming" It suggests the solution is at nowtv.com which it isn't. am i missing something? What is the point of an app that doesn't work?

4 REPLIES 4
nst
Elite

welcome to the same world of the long suffering AppleTV owners.

Our app hasn't worked properly in 4 years.

... unless you are lucky enough to live in Ireland or Italy where they got a shiny new update to that app a few months ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks - we have an android box so expected an app downloaded from the Google Play store to just work. It's frustrating when it is indicated that the solution is on nowtv.com and i think that what they mean is that they want you to buy their box or stick. No I just want it to work! 

This is really not a great start. I have to watch anything on the iPad ... that app at least works well. So why can't they get it to work on android? 

nst
Elite

I dont want to overrun this thread with the old AppleTV bitterness (theres a whole thread for that!)

... but it is a situation that I feel needs highlighting.

NowTV proudly state on their website that their service is supported on X,Y,Z devices....

However... what they fail to make clear is that some devices are far better "supported" than others.

If you want the full feature set, with the best most up to date app, and the compatibility with the Boost function... those device options begin to drastically dwindle.

Basically, there are some devices where frankly its bordering on a Trades Description issue.

AppleTV is one... the app has almost no functionality and is 4 years old.  If you had only a AppleTV and were under the impression that you'd be getting a decent service.. you'd be wrong.  

Also we are all paying the same sub amount... for vastly differing levels of service.

If NowTV do not have the resources to keep all their platforms on a par with each other they should drop those that they cannot support and make it clear to prospective subscribers instead of enticing them to sign up and get a terrible experience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shocking really - I wanted to watch it on my android box via my Samsung TV but it simply doesn't work! And there seems to be no route to complain - unless anyone can tell me how I complain? I probably won't bother past the trial ...