cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just hope they release it tomorrow I’ve waited for ages to buy one, only because I want the newer model though nothing else
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The current Apple TV box can't do 4K HDR 50/60FPS it can do 24fps and 30fps I believe and maybe a new Apple TV box could fix that and the remote that keeps getting mentioned as an issue which i have never got. Obviously a new high end chip to make it last for a few more years. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Don’t get me wrong, the remote functionality is good. Although maybe a couple of extra buttons would be nice instead of having to hold a button down to do something, hardly a good easy interface. I note that tvOS 14 now has a pop up to tell you how to switch users.

My main issue is it’s too thin and symmetrical. It’s either lost down the cushions of the sofa or it’s the wrong way up as even the IR transmitter has an identical hole for the power cable. I know the 4K remote tweaked this with the white circle.

nst
Elite

well, with a faster chip to accommodate higher quality...

a tweaked remote (though I have zero issues with the current 4K one)...

a newly updated NowTV app that supports boost, and TV app integration (the reasons we assume for the continued delays as this isn't in the functioning beta)...

The AppleTV is really the box to beat.  Its got a great interface, smooth, fast, and not busy and cluttered like the fire stick is...

... add to that the fact that it accommodates pretty much all the streaming services whereas most other boxes miss out one or two (no nowtv on first stick... )..

.. and the fact that full TV app integration is incredibly useful... (please Netflix play nice here too).. it really should be the only set top box you need.

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

.. and the fact that full TV app integration is incredibly useful... (please Netflix play nice here too).. it really should be the only set top box you need.

I notice that at some point over the past week BritBox UK has added TV integration...

Re current beta app release, there’s still 29 days until it expires (according to my TestFlight) - so it’s obviously early days yet.

Although my personal expectation is that, when push comes to shove in 29 days time, it will be same as before (and I mean same as 2 years ago now - crikey has this been dragging on that long now? - and it will all go a bit “Yogi Berra” (i.e. “déja vu all over again”...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m hoping not, hopefully they release it in 29 days and get everything sorted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure what you guys are reading but my TestFlight says 27 days so less than 4 weeks left now till it expires. 

nst
Elite

Unfortunately the TestFlight expiry date means nothing.

Its an arbitrary period of time for which the current beta version is valid for thats set on release.  It not an indication of anything else.  Typically its been 90 days or suchlike.

Its not as if this is some kind of countdown to the live release... far from it.  Its just a countdown to beta expiration. 

Hopefully.... the live release will pre-date the current expiration!

We live in hope.

I do wonder out loud whats taking the time.... we've had a perfectly adequately (though not polished) beta since beta 2 in May/June (cant remember).  

As has been said before.. there are a number of additional things they intended to include that were specifically not in the Beta... so I can only guess that its these things that are causing the problems pre-release.

Remember, the autumn window is still open.