cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spe
Advocate

Too many adverts

Why am I getting so many adverts all through the episodes when I'm streaming programmes. 

• LG
6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Spe if you're talking about adverts during live TV they are regulated and can't be removed.

If you're talking about on demand content then they can be removed by purchasing a Boost Membership for £5 a month.

Promos for Sky/Now content before an on demand show cannot be removed.

Saint1976
Elite 3

*£6 a month for Boost Membership. Apologies, it's been so long that I paid full price due to cancellation/renewal offers that I forgot the price went up!

Sparker
Mentor

Just cancelled for same reason and that was half price 😭 can watch plenty on YouTube with less annoying adverts

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sparker 

Netflix have adverts.

Discovery+ has adverts.

Amazon and Disney+ has said they will be bringing adverts some point.

No doubt Paramount+ will bring adverts.

Also cancel your friend, which is why I’m only paying £2 for boost instead of £6. And have been for the last 18 months.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sparker
Mentor
Tbh I only watched the sky nature which mostly has not been updated for 2
years now. So should I canceled before really. I got 5 months Apple TV so
there are still deals about. When I used to pay monthly for Sky +it was
only discovery that made it worthwhile that's of course gone and there's
nothing like it was anyway
RoyB
Legend

@Sparker 

The progressive fragmentation of what used to be a few key streaming services into more and more services based on individual providers is destroying the value proposition.

Our strategy now is ‘watch and drop’, instead of staying subscribed, The providers are responding with  week by week series drops, instead of all at once.

But there is only so much money subscribers have to put into these services, a lesson they haven’t yet quite learned.

Now are responding with offers of multi-month lock-ins. Discounted, yes, but nibbling at the month by month arrangements that have prevailed until now.

What next?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.