cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZedCars

App Freezing after adverts finish

My LG Smart tv often freezes the whole NOW application and doesn’t switch back to the live programme. Streaming is fine, live isn’t. I’ve missed football and other live broadcasts because of this recurring issue. It’s 2023, this just shouldn’t be happening and not at these prices.

• LG
2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@ZedCars 

Without a model number (hint) it’s impossible to be specific, but try soft resetting your TV as here, and maybe a hard reset if that is not effective:-

https://www.wikihow.com/Restart-an-Lg-TV

But not coming back from the adverts is a problem that plagues all sorts of devices from time to time.

The reson is that the ads aren’t embedded in the programme; when there are ads, you are passed on to a separate CDN (Content Delivery Network) which shows you (and you alone) a stream of ads based on your likes and dislikes, geographical location, and so on.

And at the end, it’s supposed to return you to the programme you were watching, but it barfs instead.

The return seems to be a peculiarly difficult thing for the mechanism to do; though strangely I’ve never heard of one that failed to go to the adverts; now isn’t that odd?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ZedCars 

What have you done to try and resolve the problem?

• Cleared the app cache and data?
  • Factory reset to the TV?
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help