cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jo2
Advocate

Connecting tv to internet

I have not been able to connect my tv to internet since changing to Now. I have tried several ways ,checked everything but still says not connected. Any advice please ?

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Jo2 

Do you mean that your TV used to connect to the internet when you had a previous broadband supplier, but that now you have internet via Now Broadband, your TV no longer connects?

Have you gone into the TV’s menu system, found Network Connection or a similarly named submenu, and entered the Now router’s SSID and password there, replacing any previous details?

This is a necessary step; if you haven’t done it, do it now, and see if it fixes things,

Or is it that you are trying to do that, and it fails? Any messages? What make and model of TV?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jo2
Advocate
##
Yes I've had no problem with previous provider, also no problem setting up 2 other tv's . I've done all the procedures several times ,even tried Ethernet cable,still no connection.
It's a panasonic tv ,don't know model , is that important ?
- Please type your reply above this line -##
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jo2 

Are you able to connect via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jo2
Advocate
##-
No it doesn't. I have 2 other tv's in other rooms which connected ok.
Please type your reply above this line -##
RoyB
Legend

@Jo2 

While I don’t like coincidences, the fact that you got two TVs set up OK, and this one won’t set up any way makes me wonder if this is just a coincidence, and the TV has failed.

But without the model number, we can’t tell if this is a small back room 2012 TV that has had a good innings, or your 2022 lounge flagship. So it would be useful for that. We try harder for flagships 😛

Two things to try, though. Firstly, as a test, turn a mobile phone into a WiFi hotspot. Something like Settings/Connections/Mobile Hotspot and Tethering. It will tell you what the SSID is.

Try connecting the TV to that. If it won’t connect to that either, this absolves Now and points to a TV issue. But if it does connect, it points the finger firmly, if mysteriously, back at Now and its router.

The second thing to try, if the TV won’t connect to the hotspot either, is a Factory Reset. You may have to hunt through the Settings menus for how you do this, or look on the web.

I found this, but I don’t know if it applies to your TV:-

https://www.airbeam.tv/knowledge-base/how-to-reset-panasonic-tv/

But please, look in the menus, or at a label on the back of your TV for the model number, so we know what we are dealing with here.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Jo2 

An afterthought: Can we take it that that ‘YouView’ label you applied to your first posting is a red herring, or is there a YouView box involved here somewhere?

Jo2
Advocate
##-
All sorted now,thanks.
RoyB
Legend

@Jo2 

Great!

But for the benefit of those with a similar problem coming across this thread in the future, can you tell us what fixed it?

Jo2
Advocate
##- To be perfectly honest I can't . I just kept trying all the suggestions,even put the tv back to factory settings ! The wps connection didn't connect ,eventually the password was accepted manually.I also pressed reset on the router.The frustrating thing is ,I've set up other tv's further away from the router with no problem, all panasonic too !