cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fire Cube NowTV App unavailable?

Hi. I’ve just subscribed thinking my Fire Cube would definitely have the app and yet it’s nowhere to be seen.

it’s also nowhere to be seen as an app on my Virgin box either. 

I have an old Sony Bravia smart TV and that doesn’t have it either. I even went via the Fire Cube to the Internet, managed to  log into my account and it wouldn’t let me view there either, but said I needed to download the app. Went to download the app and it said the app is ‘unavailable’!!

Can anyone help me get connected on my TV? I feel like I’m going mad here!!

31 REPLIES 31
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RBZ 

The thing is Comcast in the US launched Peacock TV using the same technology as NOW and even that service is far better in terms of UI and features. 

It has skip recap, 1080p and 5.1 sound by default. No limit on having devices registered and 3 streams at once by default. 

So as far as I’m concerned NOW should be weirdly following in the footsteps of its cousin service.

As for Sky, they even hinted at profiles for Sky Q a few years ago and typically nothing has happened since then. Although Comcast will no doubt be pushing at changes and features that are more suited for customers.

What we have to bare in mind is that they are way behind the game because Virgin already have profiles with the TiVo revamp! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 wrote:

@RBZ 

Slowly more devices have been added to support this. Recently and shockingly Apple TV got supported for the feature.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW devices below: 

• NOW Smart Stick
  • NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW Box (black) 
  • Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours)

As I am patiently waiting for Sony Android TV and Amazon fire sticks to be the supported devices!  

It's not shown on the above list, but the Roku full blown players such has the Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus for example now offers 30 min live pause.

Where this feature was only recently added to the full blown Roku devices, though this functionality has been on NOW branded boxes & Stick for sometime now.

I don't use live pause much myself apart for any emergency toilet break when watching live TV.