cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holzzz
Advocate

Can’t find app on JVC fire TV

States that JVC Fire Edition 4K TV should have the now tv app but I cannot find it on mine. I have tried updating the software but this has made no difference anyone else having the same issue?

29 Replies
ukbobboy
Legend

@Holzzz 

Well Holzzz

Just read something that said your TV's running Amazon's Fire OS, and since the Now TV app was just rolled out to Amazon devices today, and vice versa, I'm guessing the roll out for the TV OS will probably take a little longer.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Holzzz 

Check out this link

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-and-amazon-team-up-to-bring-their-best-entertainment-toge...

It states all other “Fire devices” launch early 2021

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Holzzz 

You should be able to get the NowTV App on the JVC Fire 4K models (according to these two NowTV articles).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Ignore the 2K reference on the second link under Smart TV's where i am assuming it's a typo (unless JVC sell a 2K model).

Be patient and i would have thought the App will be available in the next 48 hours (maybe keep checking and doing a search under the JVC Apps Store).

CrasherKid79
Advocate

Me neither. It’s very frustrating. I suggested a JVC Fire TV for my old man, and as a Now TV subscriber myself at home on my LG, was excited to hear he would be able to get access to all the great content. It’s still not there as of writing on 18/12/2020. It’s very poor to be honest. As a pensioner it would have made his Xmas to be able to watch the box sets and movies. I don’t know whether the blame lies with Now TV or JVC but it’s making me rethink my continued subscription. It really is shocking that in 2020 people are unable to watch what they want when they want.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CrasherKid79 

Whilst I appreciate it’ll be a pain, are you able to provide the model of the JCV fire TV? 

Holzzz
Advocate

Hi it’s a 

JVC LT-40CF890 Fire TV Edition 40" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Amazon Alexa

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Holzzz @schnapps @Simon-J 

What’s confusing is that the Sky cooperate announcement states “All other Fire devices” will be early 2021.

Whereas Now TV articles state it’s launched. 

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-and-amazon-team-up-to-bring-their-best-entertainment-toge...

Launch Summary

gavs82008_0-1608323694880.jpeg

CrasherKid79
Advocate

JVC LT-40CF890 Fire TV Edition 40" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED

dia5
Advocate

Wondering if anyone has managed to solve this,. Got anew JVC 4k smart tv but do not seem to be able to find nowtv app as stated. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dia5 

It’s the 2K model that is currently supported for Now TV.

All other Fire devices are due early 2021.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dia5 

Just to follow up from my post.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

JVC

Fire TV edition 2K (2020 models)

dia5
Advocate

Thanks for the update. 

Elle79

Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem, but I only got my TV yesterday.

Did you find out how to access the NOW TV app?

Thank you

dia5
Advocate

I was informed through this forum that the now tv app is not available yet
on the TV we bought. Apparently it will be available early this year.

Hope this helps.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Elle79 

Assuming you are a UK customer and not based in the Republic of Ireland, where it looks like NowTV have updated their Help Article in the last day or so and there seems to be not that many JVC  Fire TV models currently listed available with the NowTV native inbuilt App.

youdoodle-2021-01-20T17-04-35Z.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-20-17-05-37.png

Craig2904
Advocate

I bought a 55in JVC 4K tv 

Lt-55cf890 and was told I would be able to use now tv on it but can’t. Can anyone help me. Some reply’s say yes it is but I can’t see it for my television 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Craig2904 

If the app is not available to download, then I suspect it hasn’t been supported yet from Now TV. 
Unfortunately there is no confined date when the remainder of Fire devices will have the app available for download. 

dia5
Advocate

We brought the 50" but I was told the Now app not available until later
this year.
MattG82
Advocate

Hello,

I have an JVC fire TV 49" and was disappointed the app is not yet available.

There appears to be no good way to contact the developer to find out when this will be released.

I cannot believe that if it's released on other 4k fire devices that the process to release on these TVs is overly complex.

I am working around it with a PC attached to the telly for now.

Some updated information would be appreciated!

Regards

matt

ukbobboy
Legend

@MattG82 

Well Matt

I'm a long time customer of Now TV I have found that they're internal policy, of not making any major announcements until they're ready, is for all intent and purposes carved in stone. So it's very unlikely that your plaintive cry will make them change they're collective minds.

Unfortunately, like the rest of us, you will have to wait until Now TV are ready to make an announcement and, unless you know someone on the inside, you will only get to know about an update or major event when we all know.

UK Bob