cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerriPh23
Advocate

Extending the number of devices

I have NowTV for my disabled son - he watches Now in several places and on several ipads.  Is there a way to get more log ins?  We have to log out of 2 each time he goes somewhere new.  I don't mind paying more.  Does anyone know?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TerriPh23 

The NOW device list is dynamic and should automatically register on the NOW account up to six at a time.

If it's only your Son using the devices and no more than six and you keep them signed in on the NOW App on the iPad for example all the time, then the only thing that needs to be done is to select the SSID Network and Wi-Fi password where your Son is at and if stayed at the same place before the iPad might automatically sign into the Wi-Fi network.

I have more than six devices and always leave them signed into the NOW App and once I play some NOW content on them if not on the current list, they will automatically play and the oldest device not used will get taken off the list without the need to do anything.

Unless for some reason you wish your Son to sign out of the NOW App when finished watching.

Here's some information in the link about manage devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Should you need more than one simultaneous stream at a time, then consider NOW Boost, but even with Boost if you sign out the NOW App you will need to sign back into the App to watch.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

To be honest not sure if this answers your question or not or if I am understanding your question correctly.

TerriPh23
Advocate

Thank you.  I signed up for Boost today.
He has 3 ipads at all times (one of each size) - but it's the TVs that are the problem - one in each of the 4 places he visits.  I hope Boost will resolve the issue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TerriPh23 

If you keep signed into the NOW App on all the iPads and all TV's assuming your Son only has access to them.

And when watching on any device, make sure your Son if he can jump back to the main NOW App screen and doesn't pause the NOW stream, before jumping over to the next device he wants to watch NOW TV on and follow this method each time switching devices when watching.

The Boost will help with this if he forgets and in case your Son doesn't do a clean exit when swapping and watching on a different device.

I keep my fingers crossed for you that the Boost Membership will resolve your issue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TerriPh23 

Does your Son take the iPads with him when going to various places or are they left in the places your Son goes too ?

Are the iPads used just by your Son or other people have access to them, hence maybe this is one of the reasons you need to sign out and in on the NOW App.

Also I would suggest if you haven't already done it, to add a Payment Pin to your NOW online account to avoid accidentally purchasing unwanted TV Memberships directly from the iPads NOW App.