cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen64

Error Code 0 edd

Purchased day pass to watch cricket in August used Samsung S10+ Phone and connected to Panasonic TV with usb/ HDMI cable, watched no problem, did all set up on Phone.

Just taken out 6 month membership sky sport through Now for £21/ month, did setup on Work PC, then yesterday watching Football on Phone no problem , then decided to watch through TV but came up with the above message.

Is it to do with number of devices ?

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Stephen64 

Depends, do you have boost? Without this you are limited to streaming on a single device at once. 

Or are you switching between devices? If so you must do a clean exit of the stream, by hitting back until you get to the app homepage.
Without doing this you’ll be forced to wait up to 15 minutes.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sour
Mentor

I'm getting the same error. App was working fine on my Sony Xperia 1 III but now returns this error message every time I try and watch Sky Sports. I've got Boost, I've reinstalled the app, I've forced a logout on all devices. Works through my TV on a NOW stick but not on my phone.

Spent 45 mins on a chat to support who asked me to do all the things I'd already done, asked questions I'd already answered, asked questions that were irrelevant and failed to do anything but annoy me with their incompetence. Then told me "I have escalated your case to relevant team, they will get back to within 48 hours and get that sorted." but couldn't tell who the relevant team was or what the error code actually meant 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sour 

What happens if you try using your phone data?

Have you tried unplugging your router for about 30 minutes or doing a factory reset to it?

Sour
Mentor

I was in the pub. Tried data and pub WiFi. Same result. At home the stick is ok but phone not. Really don't want to reset my router and the fact I get the same error on the pub router suggests it's not a router issue.

I'll dig out my backup phone and see if that works.

Sour
Mentor

Not tried my old phone yet but went round to my neighbours and I get the same error on their WiFi

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sour 

Best to report with staff via live chat. Make sure to be logged in and use the 'How to get in touch' drop down.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

Sour
Mentor

As stated in my first post, that's exactly what I did. Worse than useless. I was told it would be sorted in 48 hours or less. It hasn't been and they haven't been in touch.

Sour
Mentor

I've now had chance to try it on my old Sony Xperia XZ3. Works fine on this using my WiFi or data so I'm totally confused. Don't expect NOW to even try to sort it out or get back to me. I'm not wasting anymore time on this. I'll just make sure I don't try and use it on my phone which is irritating but I can manage.

RoyB
Legend

@Sour 

Is your Xperia a UK model using a UK provider?

We have seen issues before with imported phones, non-UK providers, and even non-UK-based owners (though that was a US user of a UK Apple phone on a UK network, but with a US Apple ID; it all worked when he got a UK Apple ID).

But while your phone isn’t an Apple one, it would be worth looking  for anything non-UK about it that might be tripping you up.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.