cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Since then i have purchased a 2nd t.v (Model Number LG55LF652V) and moved this into the main living room and moved the older model into the games room. The old T.V loads and plays NOW TV fine every time with no issues. The only thing that has changed is this T.V is now closer to the router (both T.V's connected via WiFi). The new T.V has the same issues as the old one when located in the living room. The only difference with new T.V is that the app was not pre-loaded and i had to download this.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

My personal recommendation for you is to ditch connecting your TV's via WiFi and buy yourself  some 'powerline' ethernet adaptors, as this method of connection is much more stable and reliable.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further update on the situation. I hard wired my router and T.V and connected to the internet via a wired connection and loaded Now T.V, it played a film all the way through without issue. Brillaint i thought so i purchased some power line adaptors and connected the router and T.V via these. Once installed i opended the Now T.V app and watched another film without issue. But once the T.V has been turned off and back on i loose some of my network settings and get the error message about the DNS settings. When i check the network settigns the DNS and Gateway codes are not entered, and will not load when i serach for them automatically, even when i enter these in manually they do not connect. They only connect once the router has been restarted. I even reset the T.V and set up as a wired connection on the initial set up and re-installed the Now T.V app. If i connect again via Wi-Fi then all the network settings are loaded automatically.

Advise if this could be an internet provider issue, or a software issue with the T.V as this problems seems to be more than just a Now T.V issue.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

carlmanning1980,

Your LG televisions; Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server number(s) should be exactly the same as your router. Only your TV's IP address will need to be different - ie: unique for each network connected device.

If you don't know what these network values are, your TV is able to find them when you select its method of connection to 'Wired' and choose the 'Auto Input' mode.

When the TV has established a network connection to the internet, make a note of these network values and keep them for future reference. As you will need them if you decide to create 'Manual' (or fixed) device network settings instead of 'Auto' device network settings...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thansk for your info, but i think i have found the issue. After logging into my router last night i can see the BT home hub 5 works on dual frequancys the 2.4GHz and 5GHz and syncs them. Both my L.G T.V's were connected to the 5GHz where as my lap top and i phone was on the 2.4 Ghz, and when i checked the connection speed the T.V (older model) which is closer to the router had a speed of 86 Mbps and the newer model which i have had the issue with (further away from router) only had 6Mbps.

So i split the frequnacy to show both options when connecting to my wi-fi, and kept the one closer to the router on the 5GHz as i have no issues with it in its current location and changed the other to the 2.4 GHz. Checked connection speed again and had 65 Mbps. So i ditched the power line adaptors, connected everything i had to the internet and then watched a film via Now on the new T.V which had the issues and Bingo Bango played without issue.

Hoping this is all it was.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Given you are talking about "frequencies", this suggests you are still connecting your television to the internet using a 'wireless' (ie: WiFi) ethernet connection, not 'wired' ethernet connection!

I was under the impression that you were trying to connect your television to the internet using a 'wired' ethernet connection!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am paying my £9:99 a month and still can't watch movies on my LG TV with an Error2 is there a fix for this problem please? Although I can watch on my Samsung tablet there is little point continuing to pay if  I can't watch on my tV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information: -
What's your LG televisions 'model number' and 'Software Version'?
What's your NOW TV 'app' version? Which can be found by launching the Now TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen?
Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)? Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App...
How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the speedy response Smiley Happy

Model no is 49UB850V-ZD

software version I am assuming this is the Webos tv version?? which is 1.4.0-2309

App version is 1.3.7

Can't seem to find an initialisation of app on my settings

Connection is wireless and I have tried on both 2Ghz and 5Ghz channels

Thanks for your help

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can't seem to find an initialisation of app on my settings

Connection is wireless and I have tried on both 2Ghz and 5Ghz channels

Sadly, the 'Intialization of App' option is not available on LG televisions that run Web OS.

I see you are connecting to the internet via WiFi. Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All other apps work just fine, only Now TV with a problem. I note in previous replies that you have suggested that the only solution is a wired connection... if that is so I would really like to know so that I can cancel my subscription

Thanks