cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am also getting this error code and its now across all my devices, mobile,tablet and lg tv whats going on the guy on chat service couldnt help. We did all the resets and updates and u installs and nothing still broken...how do i ge this fixed u have no call centre
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very strange you're getting this on all devices and sorry to hear this. Can you try rebooting you router and or changing the router channel. After you do this and if it works you can go back to the channel it was on before. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why would the router be the source of the issue if i experienced the same
thing on mobile network and wifi.

The router runs of intelligent wifi signalling so changes automatically if
interference ive manually changed it and its the same issue.

See attached picture

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry to to hear that your issue is still ongoing.

Can you confirm, please, that all your devices are getting an Error 2 message? This would indeed be very strange as it is an error code for LG. If you're getting different error messages, can you please let us know which ones and on which devices.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello.

Up until now, I have only experienced error code 2 on my LG TV, connected
via ethernet cable. I tried factory resetting the TV, which solved the
error ...... but then I started to experience the error on Modern Family
..... but not other shows. Initially I was getting the problem on Fortitude.

I don't feel I should have to pay for the next month's subscription
considering the problems that I have had.

Kind regards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear that.

Can you tell us which episodes/seasons is this happening on? Does it happen on certain times or does it happen all the time? Have you tested the same episodes/season on another device?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I too am getting the error code 2 on my LG tv that is brand new. i did live chat one of your advisors yesterday and he told me to turn my tv off then on but although that was a short term measure it has now happened again with the same error message as everyone else. What is the permanent solution to this problem? I too have my tv connected by a wireless network.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that this is happening.

Can you try these steps below:

*Press the Smart button on your LG TV remote

*Go to Settings

*Go to Support (question mark)

*Select Intialization of App

*Select Ok

Your TV will restart itself, select Smart menu again and launch the app.

If the issue still persists, please provide me with the LG TV Model number and software version.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello Birgit.

I am not currently experiencing the problem, thank you for your contact.

If I experience it again I will be in touch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same issue since purchasing a new LG T.V in November. I have had NOW T.V for some time now, firstly was via the NOW T.V box and when i purchased a LG T.V it was via the built in app, and had no issues till we moved house. i had the old t.v with the built in app in the new living room and kept getting this error 2 message appear and it would buffer and freeze.

Since then i have purchased a 2nd t.v (Model Number LG55LF652V) and moved this into the main living room and moved the older model into the games room. The old T.V loads and plays NOW TV fine every time with no issues. The only thing that has changed is this T.V is now closer to the router (both T.V's connected via WiFi). The new T.V has the same issues as the old one when located in the living room. The only difference with new T.V is that the app was not pre-loaded and i had to download this.

I have checked my download speed and i am getting 19MB when standing in the study where the router is located and getting 10 MB in the main living room where the new T.V is, more then enough to cope with the minimum stated requirement of 2.5 MB (both checked via WiFi)

When i watched BBC I Player at the weekend on the new T.V whilst my Wife was connected to the internet and working in the study i had no issue, but when we tried to watch a film later that day i got the same error message. I stoped the film and played it again on the other T.V without issue.

I have a case number set up - 01113969 and will try what they have suggested, buti can see this is a popular area of concern and would welcome any other feedback other users have had or resolutions that have worked.