cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshyf1
Mentor

Do any Freeview boxes support now TV?

Really want a decent TV recorder if possible when I leave sky, that supports now TV, I heard netgems boxes do but outside of youview I haven't seen many boxes that do

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@joshyf1 

You need to have a nosy at the link. If it’s not on there as supported then NOW isn’t on it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
joshyf1
Mentor

Cheers! netgem boxes do work but only if you have talktalk tv so that's not going to be useful,  sky seem to have updated that link so it does seem to be more helpful now, thanks 🙂

RoyB
Legend

@joshyf1 

You mean NetGem boxes stop working if you are not subscribed to TalkTalkTV?

That is something that is anathema to YouView.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@joshyf1 

Now don’t mention it, but be aware that the Now app on YouView boxes does not support subtitles.

Though everything else on these YouView boxes does support them, including the Now channels provided in the EPG by BT TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.