cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV doesn't work on my android box

Just paid £89.99 for a android box and nowtv doesn't support it even tho it says it accepts boxes ????

Really slow connection and never loads the help pages !!!!

Waste of time and money I think not impressed 

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Excellent got a badge for my first complaint !!!! 

Can't even talk to nowtv nothing loads seriously switching companies now only been with these 3 weeks and had enough !!!!!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You will have two badges now, as you have Accepted Answer on a post of your own, which is not quite the intention here Smiley Tongue

(And is something I think the NowTV Community software ought not to allow).

But as to your issue, are you a new NowTV Broadband customer having trouble with your broadband service, or the disappointed user of an Android box that you thought ought to support the NowTV app? Or both?

And can you give a reference to where you saw the Android box as supported?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Nowhere does NowTV claim to support Android boxes. If a third party has made that claim to you I'd respectfully suggest you take your complaint up with them.

Here is a list of supported devices https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

You are cordially invited to follow that link you gave, expand Tablets and Smartphones, and select the link under Android.

See the pretty unicorn? Smiley Tongue

I have reported this using the Feedback option there...

But even if it worked, it might well not cover Android boxes.

OTOH, from what the devices pages list, you might not even realise it runs on Windows 10, let alone that it has a dedicated app for that..... 🙂

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

I had already saw the unicorn 😁

The only "Android" devices NowTV, along with many other tv services, support are tablets and smartphones, not boxes. That includes the mighty Nvidia Shield which of course runs the proper Android TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Basic answer is you spent £90 on a box that doesn't support now tv (and probably quite a few other UK services too) when what you should have spent £24 on a Roku Express from say Amazon. Get your money back from the android box and send it back, and get something that actually supports now tv, UK catchup, Netflix, amazon etc.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think its due to the push towards making people use their purpose built Now TV (Roku-manufactured) devices instead, where they're always investing their time adding features (and also their mobile apps)