cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JO53PHW
Mentor

NOW TV shows not appearing on Apple TV ‘Up Next’

Hello, I have noticed today NOW TV shows do not appear in the Up Next rail on Apple TV, across all devises. This was working the other day.

A few examples:

I started watching the new series of Righteous Gemstones and a new episode of The Idol, however they haven’t appeared.

Same with tonight’s The Rookie:Feds. 

I think I have found what the problem is. It appears if the new/next episode does not show within the Apple TV app itself then it cannot show it in the Up Next rail.

Example - The Righteous Gemstones only has up until Season 2, Episode 9 in the Apple TV app. However Season 3, episodes 1 and 2 are available through NOW TV app.

Same with The Idol. It only has first 2 episodes. The 3rd episode is not currently available in Apple TV app. Therefore they do not appear in the Up Next rail.

It would appear the servers between NOW TV and Apple TV are not updating or being shared properly. 

As I say it was working fine up until this week, all new episodes/series were appearing. 

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a known issue?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
MrP
Mentor

I have just started a thread as well about this.  Got the same issue.

JO53PHW
Mentor

Ah ok, so this could be a wider issue. Hopefully NOW are aware and looking into it. Thanks! 

nst
Elite

Im not sure how widespread this is as ive noticed oddities for a while.

Bear in mind, first of all, that the AppleTV up next functionality is a miracle it works at all - collating information from various disparate streaming apps..... and it's not flawless.

That said, a while back I started watching the final season of the Flash - and it simply did not appear AT ALL in the appleTV app.  Searching for it didnt produce any results and it stopped at season 8.  Despite me reporting it to NOW back on episode 1 - they never did anything about it and it ran for 14 episodes never appearing on up next.  That was a pain to remember when a new episode was available.

Now, im watching The Ark - but no such problems.  The day it appeared in the listings, it appeared on AppleTV, and its working fine for me.

So, its definitely an issue with the metadata that NOW is supplying to the TV app - but how to get that addressed your guess is as good as mine as they all but ignored my helpful tipoff about the Flash not working.

JO53PHW
Mentor

As you say it is very selective. I’m also watching The Ark and episodes are appearing as they should. The same for Bel-Air and The Last King of the Cross. It seems though that those shows are ones that had all episodes added at once. 

Whereas the shows with weekly episodes such as The Flash, The Rookie, The Idol etc… are the ones that do not seem to be updating correctly.

🤞🏻If more people report it they may get it sorted. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JO53PHW @MrP 

To be perfectly clear NOW do not monitor the forum in the manner you hope, so any issues won't be spotted on here and resolved.

You must contact NOW directly via Live chat or email.

Live chat by clicking 'chat online' within the green box. Do not hit 'get help quicker' as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address: customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
PJCorneli
Scholar

I'm having the exact same issues between Now and Apple maybe it started from Now app version 26.0.0 but not certain.

I have email now customer services today. I will report back if I hear anything. 

PJCorneli
Scholar

No response as yet from Now and still the Up Next is not working any new episodes etc. are missing.

MrP
Mentor

I’ve tried raising on Twitter and their contact us.  Both useless.

PJCorneli
Scholar

Just noticed my programmes have started to populate so hopefully now fixed 😊 as of 17:00 today.