cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ability to name devices

Now we are in an era of "rolling cancellation" it is all the more necessary to recognise devices.

Since the changeover the name of my Roku streambar has reverted to "Roku" and I have two instances of my only LG smart TV. So far my Roku2 has kept its name 🙂 but if it reverts to "Roku" it will be very inconvenient.

Please restore the ability to give devices meaningful names.

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

DF

You got to email the right address to get a response, and this customer led forum is not it.

Do yourself a favour and email the following:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’ve fed some information on this back up the chain after coming across these issues independently, but please add your weight to the request by replying as @ukbobboy suggests.

The second LG entry is from the latest Now update on LG TVs, which is erroneously regarded as a new device.

You will find that this new entry updates its Last Used details, but the older one retains its fixed date.

You will also find that you can’t get rid of it (short of rolling it off the bottom of a list of six separate devices!), which is another gripe that I fed back.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, I have emailed customer services as ukbobboy suggested and would ask others reading this to do the same.

BTW I had suspected that the LGtv duplication problem related to the recent update.