cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box freezes

Hi I have brought two boxes in the last 3 months. I brought the second box after I had issue with the first one. Now I'm getting the same problem again! The box freezes. Press one thing on the control and it freezes for a few minutes. Unfreezes so u can press a button once again then freezes. Any ideas? I have reset the boxes
5 REPLIES 5
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

It's odd to hear this has happened with all 3 boxes! are these the black boxes?

When it freezes does the light not respond on the front? does it just stop responding or does it actually freeze in the process of doing something on screen?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's the black boxes. The remote light on the box just stays on. So each time I press a button in the remote it takes a good few minutes to do. (So if I was glicking through the movies, each move takes a few minutes, freezing after each button press)
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just wondering have you got a smart phone or tablet, if so would you mind downloading the free Roku remote controller app on to your device from the app store.

You can then use this Roku remote control app has a temporary alternative to the nowtv infra red remote controller, just to see if there is any improvement with the response of the box when you navigate around the menu interface.

By doing this request, it might help nowtv to identify the reason why you are having trouble with the boxes.

Thanks  

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It's the black boxes. The remote light on the box just stays on. So each time I press a button in the remote it takes a good few minutes to do. (So if I was glicking through the movies, each move takes a few minutes, freezing after each button press)

@Anonymous User Probably a silly question but how far away from the box are you using the remote? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I used the box for a few months with no problem and its I the same place still 🙂