cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New now tv box with free view (roku)

Just purchased a box set it issues right after update keeps freezing. So I thought faulty box got a replacement and the same thing is happening right through setup keeps freezing and on menu screen select something and it freezes until screensaver is activated arrrrgggghhhhhh. Is there another update if not it's going back.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I didn't mean hook up the smart box directly to your TV full time, just for a short time to see if the problem persists (should have worded my post a bit better, sorry about that).

There is an official Roku remote controller app in the iOS App Store which is compatible with the iPhone and Ipad.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hi, is this the new smart box? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

That's strange for both boxes to have the same issue.

When you say freeze, do you mean the the picture on your TV screen actually freezes with no response from the remote controller or does the TV screen goes blank ?

How far do you get before the freeze issue, are you able to setup the WiFi home network enter all your nowtv details and either use the nowtv app or any other apps such has BBC IPlayer etc ?

Just has a test, if you have got another TV in the house with a HDMI port does the smart box still freeze up (don't worry about connecting a TV aerial to the box on the second test TV).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

It's strange because I've only replaced it from my little black now tv box ( never had an issue )

The picture dose not freeze its the remote function
Like now just got home switched on and it's playing tv from menu screen but NO REMOTE COMAND.
ITS SO FRUSTRATING. Broadband no issue connect through an AV amp and hard wired
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What happens if you bypass your AV Receiver and connect the smart box directly to your TV.

Also as a test, if you have a smart phone or tablet could you download the free Roku remote controller app to see if that controls your smart box without freezing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes only purchased yesterday
Hard wired
Coax connected
HDMI connected
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not connecting direct to tv (tv has no speakers )
Also massive thumbs up for the remote app I'll download now ( hopefully works on Apple products)
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I didn't mean hook up the smart box directly to your TV full time, just for a short time to see if the problem persists (should have worded my post a bit better, sorry about that).

There is an official Roku remote controller app in the iOS App Store which is compatible with the iPhone and Ipad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've downloaded the remote

🙂 much more responsive that that little remote they supply ( it's pants)
Only problem is my son won't let me change the channel as he's now watching Star Wars.

I'll keep you posted
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly i am glad you think that Roku remote controller app is more responsive and you now can use your smart box properly. Smiley Happy

What i find strange though, is that you mentioned that you previously had the standard nowtv black box where you seemed happy with its remote controller.

Where from my experience using both boxes the smart box remote controller is more responsive and you don't have to point the controller towards the box in my opinion.

Anyway enjoy. Smiley Very Happy