cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Movies on Youtube

We have a white box and are happy with it (for the most part). I don't know if the following is purely down to Youtube or is possibly to do with the box.

When viewing some Youtube movies the lipsynch slowly widens until it is so distracting as to make viewing a pain. Also, on some occasions when viewing a longish movie, attempting to rewind the movie will cause it to shut down and we are returned to the Nowtv home page. Any thoughts. Our Download speed is around 30M and under settings, our WiFi connection is "excellent".

Many thanks

cadcro 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.  It could be down to the box actaully, the white box is a pretty old model now & has been superseded by the far superior black box.  You can get this for as good as free if you get a pass included with it.

Argos and Currys are good places to look along with Amazon.

Hope this helps

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi C

I'm a white box owner and I also watch movies, from time to time, on YouTube as well, above all I wholeheartedly agree with pethead65 has said.

Because the white box is old tech now, it came out in 2013, and because computer tech moves so quickly, the box can't keep up with YouTube's modern O/S updates. 

Now, because of this I take two precautions:

1) Whenever I want to watch something on YouTube I get the item on my Android tablet first then cast it to my white box, so I can watch the item on my TV screen.  That way I get better picture and sound quality and a lot fewer white box crashes.

2) I tend to watch short Si-Fi films, usually lasting from just over 5 minutes to under 45 a hour, which again tend not to crash because the box is not directly overloaded.

However, I still enjoy using my white because I mainly use it to play my Ol' Skool music, i.e. music I used to (and still) enjoy before I got married and weighed down with responsibilities. So because of my white box, I do not have to worry about CDs or any other physical media because I can play and enjoy my stuff wirelessly.

UK Bob