cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best Set Top Box?

Just about to sign up fro the entertainment package and wanted to know from users experience which is the best/reliable Set Top box to use for NOW TV? I currently own PS3/PS4/ATV3 Any info appreciated 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. All those devices you mention will give you the best quality NOW TV currently offers(720p video with stereo sound), however the ATV app currently is basic and a bit under featured so I'd go for the PS4 personally. You can have up to four registered devices on your account so you can try all three devices out and see what you think.

There are other devices available, including NOW TV's own range of boxes but no reason to go buying something extra if you find you're happy with the devices you already have, so I'd give those a whirl for a few days using one of the free trials and see how you go.

Full list of devices here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If it was me and you don't want the Freeview TV channels or the other main streaming services such has Netflix, Amazon Video, Google then i would personally go for the NowTV black box.

Should you go with the NowTV black box, then i would also suggest pick up one up from places like Currys etc with the bundled entertainment pass voucher in the box Smiley Happy

Edit - @Anonymous User, just follow @Andy sound advice in his post, also i would recommend buying entertainment vouchers or gift cards from places like Currys, Argos etc where you can save yourself a few quid compared to the monthly entertainment subscription fees Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the info guys, should have said i'm with Vodafone so getting the free 12months NOW TV and already have Freesat so would prefer not to buy any box, PS4/PS3 best options for me then? 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you are sorted Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any info on the service going 1080p DD 5.1?