cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterW

'too many devices' error

Hello, I have watched some cricket on my desktop for the first time, then signed out of the account and closed the player screen. Can't now play the content on my other devices as it says 'too many devices'. Does anyone know what I should do now please? (I have the account through BT)

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PeterW 

Did you exit the stream or just close the player?

If it is the latter you need to wait at least 5-10 minutes before you start watching on another device. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@PeterW 

There is no need to wait if you exit properly from the first session:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Device-changing/m-p/600977#M9135

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Robby

I’ve been getting a code saying streaming on too many devices. I’ve deleted all devices. Changed my password. And logged onto one device and it’s still saying the same. 

RoyB
Legend

@Robby 

I wondered how you could delete any devices, so I had a look at my My Devices page.

Once again, the mighty roar of Now getting it slightly wrong 😢

IMG_1021.jpeg

There are none of my actual devices shown, but the count of Web Browser entries goes up to 50.

I must have missed the memo announcing the changes to this screen 😢

I’m not inclined to try blowing all my devices off to see if this option actually works, or would work if Now actually thought I had any devices rather than 50 browser sessions; but certainly this option, when last offered, didn’t work, and you had to get Now Live Chat to do this for you.

@Robby, are you definitely logged off on all your devices, including the ones, like TVs and Sticks, where the log on should be persistent? E.g. you are actually having to provide your logon details afresh on each one, not just start using it?

But whatever the cause, and however reliable or unreliable the new arrangements, it looks like your ‘devices in use’ count is out of alignment with your expectations, so you will need to get onto Live Chat to get this fixed.

Now rather bury the places where you can find access to Live Chat, in the forlorn hope that you will search the Help first, and the even more forlorn hope that anything you read in the Help can fix this, so here’s the link you need:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Don’t worry that it says ‘complaint’; there are other links with nicer names, but they take you all round the houses, while this one gets you straight there.

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this or any other screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to talk to Live Chat, you have already gone beyond that, and all the Nowbot can bring you is frustration.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.