cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When are we going to get a working Windows 10 app?

So, brand new windows 10 machine, straight out the box, and the app won't let me login. Wouldn't mind but had this problem for months now, to the point where I gave up on my old laptop. Password is obviously ok (I'm logged in via web fine). Fed up of 'install this, uninstall that ###### that gets peddled out every time someone has issues, it's an absolute joke. I don't understand how you can be so incompetent in terms of the basics - everyone else manages ok. Just sort your act out, theres been issues with your app since the beginning - it's an absolute joke..

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What make and model of laptop, and what CPU? There has been a suggestion that Intel CPUs work, AMD CPUs don’t.

But whatever, NowTV have inexplicably abandoned the much superior (when it works!) Microsoft Store app in favour of the browser/player kludge, instead of putting in the SMOP to sort out why the Store app works perfectly for some people, and not at all for others 😥

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely Intel (i5) - not sure what you mean about the browser player though, if it try to watch something, I get a 'no app available message' - even though NOWTV app is installed, forces me to go to the store, and then says 'no app found' 

###### and elbows spring to mind

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hang on, some content plays in the browser, some still tries the app..... 🏳️

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for the Intel intel.

Is there a confusion here, though?

The MS Store app is completely standalone, and the Player that comes as part of the browser/player combination is something quite different that you are offered the download of when you are on the NowTV website, in the browser, and you try to play a programme.

You still get told in the browser that you need the Player, even after you have downloaded it previously, but you should have a button with the option ‘I already have this’ there, so you just press that.

This is one of the kludgy things about the browser/player, you would think it could just look for the Player and be seamless if it found it there, only offering you the download if it wasn’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.