Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuck with update message

I tried to log in on my laptop today, this screen appeared

I clicked the Update now link & got this

I clicked get the app & this came up

When I clicked Launch, it just took me back to the first screen saying I need to update.

I'm just going round in circles.  Exit takes me out of the app, the back button won't work & the only other option is update, which starts the whole circle off again.

Now TV is working fine on my TV, but I want to use my laptop like I have countless times in the past.  Help!

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to thr fourm, we are currently investigating issues with the Windows app, we will get back to you with an update as soon as possible

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just to let you know @Anonymous User . I've just checked the Windows app and I'm also getting the same issue.

I don't use the Windows app for playing content, but I do use it to browse the content library more effectively and to get a better idea of content expiry dates. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you please try downloading the app for our NOW TV Player from this link here and just let me know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F  it's still the same.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange @Anonymous User and @commanda6.

I've tried here and I've not been able to replicate the issue. 

Have you tried removing the app from your PC completely, so go to control panel, programmes and remove the NOW TV Player? Before removing, can you please check the version of the NOW TV Player, I currently have 2.0.1.0 installed. 

Can you then go to NOWTV.com on your PC through a browser and try to play a show/movie, you should be prompted to download the NOW TV app from here, can you do this for me and let me know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the correct version.  About to try reinstalling

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Uninstalled & reinstalled from link on website.  It's now web based rather than a standalone player like I had before & TBH is a PITA to navigate compared to the version I was using with one click off my desktop.

The desktop icon now takes me to this

Now Image4.jpg

Which takes me to http://watch.nowtv.com/movies after I've chosen  what I wanted to watch (which nine times out of ten will involve navigating to My TV or Entertainment) & clicked on it, I got a pop up asking which app to use, then after selecting Now TV it opens a player.

Considering I used to double click on the desktop icon which opened the player straight away, then just scroll to My TV, Movies or Entertainment & make my selection, this is now a very long & convaluted process.

Is there anything I can do to get back tohow it was before?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a look & can't see open store anywhere after I clicked on get the app

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karl-F

It's the NowTV app in the Windows store that has the issue. I can run the NowTV player for windows  just fine on my laptop .

I have tried reinstalling the Windows store app and after a few minutes you get a message saying that the app could not be installed. I think it might be a Microsoft issue which could also mean that even when the app is installed, it's not able to call home because of the Microsoft issue

I only use the Windows store app to quickly browse/search the content library and quickly check content expiry dates

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.